Want to order a bike?
Great. Fantastic. We are all for it. Here's how it works:
- Send us an email or give us a phone call to tell us you are interested.
- We talk it over to see if working with us seems like a good fit for you. If it is, awesome! Proceed to step three. If not, we can help to direct you to someone who could build you the bike you want. (We are really not the place to go for carbon fiber road bikes or full suspension mountain bikes. But we might know some people...).
- We typically take a deposit of half of the estimated cost for your frameset or full bicycle. This enables us to do things like purchase the tubing and frame fittings for your bike and cover the costs of the initial design work. It also locks you into a spot in the build queue (first come first served). Check out the Pricing page for a current price list. Deposits are non-refundable.
- We ask you a whole bunch of questions. A lot of it gets covered in the initial interview process. But here's were we go really in depth about the type of bike you want, what you want to use it for, your riding style, where you're going to be riding it, what you are going to carry on the bike with you, as well as fit questions, and the measurements of your current ride(s). The goal here is to enable us to design a frameset that is best for you and your needs. If you already have had a fitting done that works well for you, we are happy to work with it.
- Usually some amount of waiting happens at this point, while the bikes ahead of yours in the build queue are finished up.
- A few weeks before we actually start on your frame the design gets finalized. We may contact you with a few additional clarifying questions at this point in the game. Just to make sure everything is exactly how you want it, before the building starts.
- We build the frameset and send it off to the painter or powder coater.
- If you are only getting a frameset, final payment is made and we ship it off to you.
- If you are getting a full bicycle, we may require an additional deposit to help cover the cost of the components. Then we put the parts on, take final payment, and ship your bike to you.
- You are ecstatically happy to have your totally awesome new Bantam Bicycle Works bicycle.
If you have any questions about the ordering process, feel free to contact us.